The Bronx Documentary Center (BDC), a non-profit organization founded in June, 2011, is currently looking for qualified candidates for its Arts Administration internships. We are seeking someone in a master’s degree program or a recent graduate from a master’s program. The Center’s mission is to broaden viewership of documentary film and photography and use these mediums as tools for social change. Through educational and exhibition programming we bring together internationally renowned photographers and filmmakers who are dealing with the themes that guide the BDC: justice, education and social progress.
We are looking for an applicant that can work both independently and at the heart of the BDC team. We encourage the future intern to be creative and to share and develop ideas concerning BDC programming. For the right person, this internship offers a rich and rewarding opportunity to learn while doing important work. The ideal intern will provide support for all levels of planning and organization.
· Excellent writing, editing and research skills.
· Familiarity with photo and video editing platforms.
· Familiarity with social media and blogging platforms.
· Ability to perform general technical troubleshooting.
· Strong sense of organization.
· Knowledge of Spanish a plus.
Tasks will include:
· Research and help get grant/funding applications to submission stage.
· Help develop new relationships with the community at large.
· Act as the liaison with community organizations ie: churches, schools, etc.
· Plan and organize fundraising activities (speaker events, running the bar during events, etc.).
· Update our website and Facebook pages.
· Develop workshops and educational programs with neighborhood schools, community groups and local arts organizations.
Interested applicants may contact us at email@example.com with a resumé and brief cover letter. Please describe your skills that could be an asset to our organization and include a short explanation of why you are interested in working at the BDC. The internship is unpaid. A minimum 6-month, part-time commitment and availability on Fridays and Saturdays is often required.
We look forward to hearing from you.