Join the team!
Bronx Documentary Center
Fall 2014 Internship
The Bronx Documentary Center (BDC), a 501(c)3 non-profit photo gallery and educational space, is currently seeking two (2) qualified fall interns with a passion for documentary photography and film and desire for social change. Support is needed in preparing exhibitions, researching community issues, photo editing, and a variety of administrative tasks. Some video shooting and editing may be included.
Ideal candidates would have most of the following abilities:
• Writing and research skills
• Familiarity with Photoshop, Microsoft Word, and Excel
• Comfortable doing on-the-ground outreach in our South Bronx community
• Comfortable shooting and editing photo and video
• Experience in gallery, museum or clerical settings encouraged
• Knowledge of Spanish a plus
The Bronx Documentary Center was founded in 2011 and is located in the heart of the South Bronx. Our mission is to create conversation around social justice through documentary photography and film with underserved Bronx communities and the cultural community at large.
Travel stipend is available for subway and late-night taxi.
Interested applicants may contact us at email@example.com with a resumé and cover letter. The internship is unpaid. We are looking for someone who can commit 10-16 hours per week from early September through December. Attendance at Saturday evening events is sometimes required. Bronx-based applicants encouraged to apply.